This week I changed routine. I eat dinner at midnight when I come back from the restaurant, do some reading and go to sleep around 2 am. Wake up at 10.30, 12 km running under the Australian sun then cycle to the restaurant where I start working at 5 pm.
Today service time was good, I did the same jobs as the previous days in the garnish section:
- prepared amuse-bouche soups
- prepared tomato tarts entrees
- minced parsley
- brunoise shallots (chef Y. was frustrated because I am still too slow, I had to prepared 2 boxes of shallots but I did only one :()
- warmed mashed potatoes
- moved hot plates from the oven to the service table
They taught me new jobs:
- heat the soup for the amuse-bouche
- wrap pork rillettes for the terrine board
- pre-cook a saffron risotto (a Korean chef teach to an Italian how make a risotto in a French restaurant :D)
Tomorrow last day of the training period!